Displayed depth different than actual depth.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jeff Miller
Company Name: Miller Woodworks

Displayed depth different than actual depth.

Post by Jeff Miller »

I'm designing a wall of cabinets like a built in bookshelf with doors. There is a bump out in the wall that in essence makes some cabinets 6" shallower then the others to have the frames flush. I've drawn them as 24" deep and 18" deep but shows the 18" deep sticking out further then the others. I've checked them and they all say the correct depth but I took it to the line drawing editor and dimensioned it and it shows 20" and 17". I can't figure out where this is coming from and I restarted the program and Windows.

Any idea's?
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Re: Displayed depth different than actual depth.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Hi Jeff, can you post the job file so someone can take a look at your issue.
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: Displayed depth different than actual depth.

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Jeff
I had a similar problem to this about ten posts ago. I was working in the cabinet editor with an assembly. Some of the cabinets were the wrong widths but displayed as the correct size. It showed up when I selected them for a cultist.
I don’t know what caused it but out of curiosity do you control + c and control + v to duplicate your cabinets or do you pull them from the side panel? I had a vague feeling it could have been copying them that caused the issue. Also I had an incidence of black and white zebra stripes with the same units.