Lock Dado Joint

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

FredHirsch

Lock Dado Joint

Post by FredHirsch »

Any ideas when this might be available. I saw at the Las Vegas show and would like to begin using in some applications.
Thx
Fred
Fred Hirsch
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Re: Lock Dado Joint

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Fred,

Sorry but we selected the wrong directory during the first day of the show which resulted in a few cabinets with the lock dado joint to be cut. The programmers are still working on this new joint along with other bug fixes and improvements. I am unsure as to when the new update will be available but hopefully it will show up by the end of the year.

thanks,
Jason Susnjara
V.P., Marketing
Thermwood Corp.

On YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/ThermwoodCNC
Thermwood Blog:
http://blog.thermwood.com
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Jason,
Did you mean 2011 or 2012?
Are you able to put us out of our misery and tell us what the programmers have been asigned to?
If its Icabinets you better talk to Apple.

Serously we are all keen to see this new joint released. Can we make the next release happen soon as we all have been patient and eaten all our greens.

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Neville,

Well, I was hoping for 2011 but it looks like sometime in 2012. I know everyone has been waiting patiently and eating their greens hoping to see a new update but the programmers are busy working on a different project for right now (youbuild.com). It's hard to give the members a timeline as to when a new update will be available and I understand that an update is due so please continue to be patient and hopefully some good things will come your way soon.

thanks,
Jason Susnjara
V.P., Marketing
Thermwood Corp.

On YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/ThermwoodCNC
Thermwood Blog:
http://blog.thermwood.com
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Jason,

That is really disturbing. I am not sure any of us feel the need to send business to Home Depot.

Kerry
darren m harvey
Company Name: bobcad-cam

Post by darren m harvey »

Are thermwood machine owners going to be commisioned to produce these products?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Sorry Jason,

My previous post was selfish.

I can see that there is the potential for a great many machine sales to the Home Depot chain if this catches on.

Kerry
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

All I got to say is Wow,we all know kitchens will be next....
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

I guess what I would have to ask is, IF Home Depot has the joint, why would it not be available to us? Especially machine owners?
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

So thats what the programmers have been doing. Not playing baseball in the corn fields over summer.

Like the US we are being swamped with China made flat packs now one of the major mdf manufacturers has bought out a Australian version which it sells through a Home depot type place.

There has been a similar concept done here in Australia focused at flat pack kitchens.One Australian company sells software that you market as your own to your local area but its aimed at smaller shops or advanced home renovators. The CNC owner gives potential clients a access code which flashes up as being you but infact is a server in Queensland. That then allows people to custom size pre set library cabinets with doors and drawers. Everything except the counter tops. The logged in person then can generate a quote based on what you require to do the work and the margins on material/hardware. They can then add their markup, assembly time, install cost etc to produce a quote they can then use to use submit to their clients. The advantage is the owner of the cnc, does have to price the jobs all the time. They just get a order via the web site owner with part files and other particulars. They also take 5% for web site maintenece and development. The cost to the particpant is buying a postprocessor to suit your cnc at about $12K that will recieve these files. They seem to be a CSV type file.
Maybe this could be a extension to what you are doing with home depot? Most of the work is already done to allow Thermwood CNC owners to promote flatpacks within their area by using the corporate web site. For Australia it would need to turn on metric ability.
I don't like doing this basic work but if it saves kitchens being freighted in from China or opposite side of Australia and keeps my Thermwood busy and making a Dollar I say bring it on.
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia