E-cab luvin

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

E-cab luvin

Post by Tim Massa »

Pantry jacked up.JPG
Anyone have this problem happen to them? I've attached a screen shot of the latest problem using the program and it's a new one to me. Created some cabinets from my material library. Material has been used for a number of years now. I'm creating some pantry roll outs for a pantry cab and there needed to be some parts designed that required the use of my "dont run" red sheet stock.
After saving off as the work progressed I finally finished the design just now.

Cleared the editor out and decided to reload the Pantry assembly. I now get a cryptic message about material with same name already exist in the editor?!!!
Tried deleting the "dont run" material from the material database but still won't load. Anyone see this issue?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: E-cab luvin

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Tim,

You cannot change the thickness of existing materials in your materials database. Apparently you have changed the thickness of your "Don't Run" material at some time without giving it a new name. You are trying to load one cabinet in the editor that has parts with the material at one thickness with cabinets that have the same material after you changed the thickness. You must rid yourself of the offending material completely.

You can check this out by deleteing the Don't Run material in your database then open each of your cabinets in the editor and checking the thickness of that material when it prompts you to Add New Material. You will most likely find two thicknesses.

To fix this;
Before opening the cabinet in the cabinet editor go to Preferences/Define materials/Sheet Stock and delete the offending material. Create a new material that is the same thickness as the offending one but give it a new name.

Open your cabinet in the Cab Editor and when it prompts you to add the new material (which should be the offending material) choose to replace the material with the one you just created.

Save the cabinet. Repeat for all that have the offending material.

Post the three cabinets you show in your picture for testing

Kerry
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Tim and Kerry
I am not sure but it sounds a bit like an "event" that was happening to me a while back.
I was getting the same error message.
http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... 793#p62793
It was occurring when I was adding extra pieces from the “Add display door panel” on the right hand side. I worked out that I had to save after each addition of a door or at some point the material being added came in inside the target as a tiny addition.
Once I saved and tried to reload it, it started messing with my data base.
If you do a cutlist for the cabinet you will probably find the funny little bit listed.
Maybe this helps?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

This should be pretty easy to diagnose if Tim will post the three cabinets that are causing the problem.
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Hi Kerry,

I tried deleting the material last night. Still didn't load. Now I'm up a stump...
Attachments
Pantry.esa
(2.05 MiB) Downloaded 280 times
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Tim,

I get the same results you are so it isn't just my theory of part thickness. Maybe it is something like Mark was talking about.

I would just start over from scratch at this point to get your job done and let the eCab guys look at the problem assembly.

Kerry
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Tim,

I was able to batch the assembly then take it to the cab editor and re save it. It now works for me. See if it will open for you. You might delete the two materials used from your data base and let the assembly add them when it loads.

kerry
Attachments
Pantry_02.esa
(2.05 MiB) Downloaded 265 times
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Roger that. Thanks for taking a look.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Tim,

You might want to delete the edgebanding material also and let it re-load as it might be the culprit.

Kerry
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

I got the same error message when I tried to load your assembly. It seems like a different issue to the one I was having.
I loaded it into a room then took it to the cab editor, every thing saved as normal into cabinets, then I saved as an assembly from there.
Another funny one.
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Yep,

A strange one. Luckily I had saved off the pantry cabinet prior to creating the roll out shelf units and saved off the shelf units seperatley as well.

Solution was to delete the 'DONT RUN' material from materials library and load the seperate units into the batch instead of the cab editor. The software then prompted me to add the 'DONT RUN' material back into the library and I was then able to load units directly into cab editor.

Funny thing though. The assembly with both pantry cabinet and shelving roll outs still wouldn't load, even in the batch editor.

Thanks for the help. Will be cutting these files this week. Fingers crossed.

Tim