Closet Parts

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Bill Lumley
Company Name: Bills Custom Cabinets

Closet Parts

Post by Bill Lumley »

I am new to making closets with E-cabinets and there are 2 things I would like to add that I am not sure how to do . First is I would like to add 2 5mm holes 32mm apart to attach closet rod brackets with . Second I would like to add a cutout for the hanging rail to pass behind and 2 5mm holes to fix hanging brackets to each panel . I know I can do all this with the part editor but it is tediuos . Any ideas appreciated .
Can a dummy shelf be added that only has RTA fittings on one end as an example ??

Thanks Bill
Gary Campbell
Guru Member
Company Name: ShopBot Tools Inc

Re: Closet Parts

Post by Gary Campbell »

Bill...
Try using a hole pattern for a "drawer slide" that has been modified to your parameters. I think Nat has posted an example of this in the past. This will allow you to accomplish what you need and move vertically as required, but will not constrain the rod holes to center. Maybe Nat or others will give some details.
Gary Campbell
ShopBot Tools Production Support

ShopBot (eCabinets) Link Training & Support
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Re: Closet Parts

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Hi Bill, good to hear from you,

Here's a link to thread on the post about notching for the hanging rail and bracket: http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... ion#p64990

To drill the holes for the closet rod cups, I'd modify an RTA hole pattern to just drill a 5mm hole (eliminate cam hole). I'd then use an upright stretcher, and use the KD/RTA placements to get the holes where you need them. (or set the hole up on the x axis, place a 32mm stretcher, and set the offsets to '0')

These should work, but for the closet parts, I ended up finding it easier to to create the hole and notch patterns manually, constrain them, and create a library with these parts.

Hopefully that's somewhat helpful. I'm out the door now, but let me know if you have any questions at all.

Nat
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3