Corrupted file, New update?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jim Lovejoy

Corrupted file, New update?

Post by Jim Lovejoy »

I have been working on a job that seems to have a file problem. I am not sure if it has anything to do with the update to 6.7 but I didn't see it until after I upgraded.

Yesterday I completed a set of cabinets to be machined and I saved the batch job. Then I upgraded the software. When I retrieved the job today to check some work I noticed that many of the cabinets in the job were missing from the job batch file. I recreated the batch file and saved it. I went to work on one of the cabinets in the cabinet editor, a 2 door frame less wall cabinet, and noticed it did not have any dimensions in the left hand dialog boxes. It created a cutlist accurately but I could not edit it.

Figuring that the file was corrupted, I recreated the cabinet from another wall cabinet that was working and saved it. Everything seemed fine but when I went to reopen that new cabinet it did the same thing. Something is very screwy.

Do I need to reinstall the update? Help?

Jim
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: Corrupted file, New update?

Post by Josh Rayburn »

I have no idea if it has to do with the new update but I experienced exactly the same thing. In fact, I even took a thermwood standard base cabinet and reproduced the error multiple times. Ultimately I shut down and restarted the computer then all worked OK. I did not report it since the restart seemed to be the cure....
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Jim Lovejoy

Post by Jim Lovejoy »

I reinstalled, re booted, did everything I could think of. Still problems.

I have started rebuilding the cabinets from scratch , one at a time, from new seed cabinets and it seems to be working but something is wrong. I am not confident that I will have a viable batch when i am done.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

We had a problem with a large kitchen. We also noticed the parts were showing a red line in the illustration and the wrong size. When corrected the holes stayed at the wrong location but the part corrected to right size. We had to re-enter the cabinets to be sure it was all OK again.
Have created a few new cabinets today and they have been OK. Cabinets created with the old build went haywire when read with the new build. Didn't check all the previous jobs to see if they were also effected.
Good to see we weren't the only ones with issues.
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

I thought it was just an operator error on our end but we are having the same issue here. Missing cabinets after updating software.
Jim Lovejoy

Post by Jim Lovejoy »

I have had to rebuild most of my cabinets to get them to batch. Now I am concerned that the few that i did not have to rebuild will cut properly. It sounds like the new build may be compromising cabinets made with the old build. Why would that be?

Maybe someone at Thermwood can respond.
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Maybe a clue but another piece of information is that I use my computer in a "user" mode and am not logged on as Administrator for hacking prevention. Before the rebuild, I used to save my job file, log on as administrator, open eCabs, get the job file and then make my twd (have to be adminstrator to make twd). Now, when I follow that same process, there is no job file to be found when I log back as administrator. I go back to user mode and job is there. I resave and go back as admin, and no job. All the "old" jobs are there prior to upgrade to V7 but now when I save a job as a user, the admin can't find them. Something has changed.
Might be me but this is new since I updated to new software.
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Just happened again - not sure what's going on but this is becoming almost the norm with most ecab's jobs now. I had a working batch list (lots of part editor work in some of the cabinets) and added four new additional cabinets to the batch. Then tried to save and the part bodies were gone.
I reopened the file and added the cabinets one at a time saving after adding each one, and it worked fine.
Fortunately I did not have to rebuild the whole job from scratch.
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570