Library Procedure Recommendations

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Heath Doty
Company Name: Jahabow

Library Procedure Recommendations

Post by Heath Doty »

Hey everyone,

I've been tasked with developing a line of cabinetry that our company will sell as our standard offering.

This line will be comprised of 47 cabinets.

The line will also be available in 8 different laminated finishes.

I've been experimenting with the software for some time and have successfully created some cabinets - a partial library of the above in one finish.

My concern is how to deal with all the different finishes. What is the best procedure?

Is there a means to globally make a copy of a library and then apply a new finish across all of the 47 that are in a new library?

I'd certainly appreciate any insight on this before I dig in. I'd hate to get all the way through and find out later I should have followed some other path from the beginning.

Thanks!

Heath
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Re: Library Procedure Recommendations

Post by Daniel Odom »

You could create one library w/ default finish, create a batch and use change sheet stock for whichever cabinets require a different finish.
Heath Doty
Company Name: Jahabow

Post by Heath Doty »

Thanks Daniel,

I was really hoping there was some more automated means to pull this off.

I haven't taught myself anything regarding batch items but it sounds well worth the effort to do so. I'm getting ready to get the video training series so hopefully there's some "Batch" training included in there somewhere.

Thanks for your help!
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Yes we waste a LOT of time with this issue. Every kitchen we have to change the door colour and the edging colour. If the edging is a different edge thickness and the door material a different thickness I can understand the extra calculation time but when you go from a white 16mm MR MDF melamine door to a Antique white 16mm MR MDF melamine door and edging goes from white to antique white in the same thickness its a unneccesary recalculation. The only reason we persist with this is the label information. If we could intercept that and change it from a generic name to the correct detail that would be ideal. I guess thats assuming every cabinet has the same door detail. Oh well that skuttles that idea.
Maybe one day this problem will be overcome
Neville
Neville Australia
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

Always the optomist aren't you Neville ;)
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Yepp and I believe I will see peace in my lifetime. :lol:
Not sure if I will see drawer front drilling for steel sided drawers though. I might be getting too carried away there. :wall:

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia