can't install eCabs, IE demanded?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

KyleHepp

can't install eCabs, IE demanded?

Post by KyleHepp »

I've finally got a decent computer, and am trying to install a fresh eCabs installation. I've DL'd it, but when I go to install, it stops dead in it's tracks and displays a message, which informs me it won't install unless I am using Internet Explorer 7 or higher??? do I HAVE to run IE? I have had a lot of problems with IE in the past, and would much rather avoid it at all costs on this new PC

any help greatly appreciated!
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Re: can't install eCabs, IE demanded?

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Yes you have to have IE installed as Ecabs needs it. I found out the hard way and had to re install it when I first started. You don't have to use IE as your browser but you must have it installed. IE is a lot better now and I use Google Chrome so IE is just in the background of Ecabs.
KyleHepp

Post by KyleHepp »

I'm afraid I am going to regret installing IE. the last PC and the last Laptop I had both had IE, and it just kept piling on so many of it's "updates" that eventually, both computers were virtually useless.
I never could remove a great deal of the junk the IE installs collected. -nothing but trouble.

these new PC's and the lappie I bought have run Google Chrome and Firefox, and had no trouble whatsoever, I sure hope it stays that way!
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Dean Fehribach »

I assume you're on XP since it's complaining about your IE install. Install IE 8, but leave whatever browser you want as the default.
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64