Adding Corbels

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Wayne Adelkopf
Company Name: Noble Woodworks Inc.

Adding Corbels

Post by Wayne Adelkopf »

How is a corbel added to a cabinet?
Can it be added to a display panel as well?

Thanks
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Re: Adding Corbels

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

A corbel is added the same way as a Display Object. Once selected then Assoc to a wall and then go to wall view and place it where you want it.
Wayne Adelkopf

Post by Wayne Adelkopf »

Thanks Wally.
Can I take a .dwg file and convert it to an .hsf file?
Wayne Adelkopf

Post by Wayne Adelkopf »

Found this in archhive;

The Process is as follows: you will need to convert from DXF to STL with a 3rd party app like Accutrans or TurboCad first before you bring the object into the Display part Editor and convert it there to HSF. If you want to edit textures and colours the part will have to be broken down into layers so you can process each seperately and then recombine in the editor.
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Wayne,
You can also install the corbel in the Cabinet and Assembly Editor. Since you are a member of the online videos, there is a video on "Installing Wood Components" listed under Display Objects.

The advantage to the Cabinet Editor is that you have the "Align" tools to place and orient the corbel or object. It is easier to view the corbel on the cabinet than in the room. Once you put the corbel on a cabinet you will also have to associate it to the cabinet. If you put the corbel on a display panel, then the display panel is saved as an assembly.

Dennis
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Wayne Adelkopf wrote:Thanks Wally.
Can I take a .dwg file and convert it to an .hsf file?
Wayne -- There are lot's of Corbels in the 3D images section -- http://www.thermwood.com/forums/downloa ... hp?id=7285 -- Also Adams has a lot too that you can just import. Which one are you using??
Wayne Adelkopf

Post by Wayne Adelkopf »

Thanks Dennis & Wally.
Osborne (www.osbornewood.com) has .stl files that I downloaded and was able to work with.
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Wayne Adelkopf wrote:Thanks Dennis & Wally.
Osborne (http://www.osbornewood.com) has .stl files that I downloaded and was able to work with.
That's great Wayne -- You will learn how to use the program a lot better by doing these things. Are you from Ontario?? Are you on CWW forum??