Door Materials

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jordan Skappak
Company Name: Rainbow Contractors

Door Materials

Post by Jordan Skappak »

Hi,

I have a quick question about changing door materials. Basically, I am looking to change door materials/edging globally across batched cabinets/layouts(havent played with this one much yet).

So far however I have found no way to change door material at all, aside from bringing each cabinet into the door editor -> deleting that door -> opening my default door -> changing the materials -> saving it as a new door -> make this door my new default ->placing the new door back on the cabinet.

The box colors were easy enough to change, however for my purposes, the box could stay white forever, so long as I can easily change door colors as the doors are whatever the customer wants.

I am new to these forums and to E-cabinets so go easy on me. I searched the forums for similar threads and ive gotten the impression that changing door materials is not as easy as I'm thinking it should be.

Am I missing something?
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Re: Door Materials

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Hi Jordan, while in Batch, check the cabinet, or cabinets you want to change. Then hover over your fly-out menu, select Adj. Features. From there you can select from the menu the changes you want. I don't think the cabinet material itself can be changed in Batch. Hope this helps.
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Hi guys,
You can change the doors and drawer fronts from that "adj features" button and you can change the sheet stock of all the batch cabinets by clicking on "change sheet stock" at the top of the batch list.
Even if they are 'slab doors' which are from sheet stock, they must be changed by the 'adj features' button which will prompt you to designate the door you want in the 'door and drawer front designer' dialog that follows.
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
JohnLashuay
Guru Member
Company Name: Rylex Custom Cabinetry-Close

Post by JohnLashuay »

This is good to know!
Rylex Custom Cabinetry & Closets
http://www.rylexonline.com
Thermwood CS 43
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Josh, so I'm sitting here staring at it, didn't even realize it was a clickable button. learn something new every day. :wink:
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Josh Rayburn »

So do I Rick, I don't know if you saw the post but I recently discovered the right click option in the main cabinet editor for "construction" which allows you to change the joinery on a part without going into the editor. (ex. a fixed shelf)
I asked how long it has been there and Scott said since he fell off his dinosaur and broke his wooden underwear! :lol:
It has been there staring at me all this time!!
jnr :beer:
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Jordan Skappak
Company Name: Rainbow Contractors

Post by Jordan Skappak »

Well now, this is exactly what I was looking for. I don't even have to save the door as a new door, I can just change the materials on a generic door. Perfect. Thanks guys :D
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Jordan Skappak wrote:Well now, this is exactly what I was looking for. I don't even have to save the door as a new door, I can just change the materials on a generic door. Perfect. Thanks guys :D
If you want to show a few different door (or material) colours on a job you can open your job and change colours and do a Save as -- different name-- then close the original job and Don't save the changes and the original is still there unchanged. FWIW.
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Re: 'the right click option in the main cabinet editor for "construction" which allows you to change the joinery on a part without going into the editor. (ex. a fixed shelf)'

Does this normally work? I just tried it on a fixed shelf and an adjustable shelf, and the entered changes didn't take...
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Nat, did you right click on the part you were trying to change? I thought you had to select the part you wanted to change but Scott had corrected me recently and the right click has worked for me every time - it should trigger an immediate rebuild.
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Josh,

I've tried it both ways now a number or time now, and neither has worked. When I have a chance, I'll reboot and see if that helps any.

Nat

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Nat Wheatley »

FWIW, here's the cabinet I was working with.
Attachments
Test.hsf
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 363 times

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Nat,

I was able to change your center shelf to full dado using the right click menu without any paroblems.

Kerry
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Nat Wheatley »

I just restarted my computer and still no luck. I'm still in Beta 1, and will try Beta 2, though I don't think that's the issue. Weird.

Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Tired Beta 2, and still nothing. It works fine for the other parts of the cabinet, not the fixed or adjustable shelves.