Building cabinets to the angled hgt wall.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Bob l Spano

Building cabinets to the angled hgt wall.

Post by Bob l Spano »

Is there a way to change the sides to a different size? I want two sizes on one unit. Like : 96 on the left end & 52 on the right end. I can make a wall like that, but I cant make a cabinet to match the wall.
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: Building cabinets to the angled hgt wall.

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Bob
It can be done, it’s just not automatic. You have to weigh up the time to do it, for the result you want to achieve.
I have attached a rough cabinet but if you really need to cut the cabinet accurately you may have to do the trigonometry
I made this cabinet using this method however someone will have better methods.
Very basically in construction settings set one end lower than the other.
Then you will have to take the back into the shape manager and use a two distance champher.
Come back to the main.
If you want the tops of the ends angled take them into the part editor and apply an angled cuter to the top. (If you need to develop a specific angle you will have to make a cutter or .tol)
I used a display panel for the top, by rough measuring with the measure tool. (If you want angles on the ends of the top shelf take that into the part editor)
Rotate the display panel (top Shelf) by highlighting and using the rotate tool,( yellow curly arrow)
Add your door, hopefully a plain one (for simplification) and take that into the part editor. Use the 2 distance champher
And there you have a rough outline of how I would do it.
If your using face frames and wooden doors, It would be more complicated.

The best thing you could do if you already haven't is sign up for the online training.Its good value for money. It helps support the software. And It could take years off your learning curve. :D
Angled pantry.hsf
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 361 times
Attachments
Angled pantry.jpg
Angled pantry.jpg (5.95 KiB) Viewed 2855 times