Batch cabinets missing/cant edit after!?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

MarcoKnjaschewitsch

Batch cabinets missing/cant edit after!?

Post by MarcoKnjaschewitsch »

Hey Guys,

New problem that just sprung out of no where it seems. The cabinets load in the batch from a Excel spreadsheet that we run to pull out the cabinets we need automatically. And of course there is the odd custom per kitchen that we add in after the fact. However after I save a Ecab file and The cabinets are all there when i open up the file again after closing it some cabinets are missing and it cannot be added in as it just re edits the 3rd cabinet from the bottom over and over again so you cannot physically just add a cabinet from the list in and another one as it over writes it??

Anyone know how i can fix this! Is a huge problem in production when things are missing!!
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: Batch cabinets missing/cant edit after!?

Post by Rick Deskins »

Can you give some detailed steps to reproduce this? Maybe start with the saved job file, then list steps on what to do after that. We have had a couple of people mention this problem, but then they can never reproduce it. If we can get some steps that will reproduce the problem, we will definitely work to get this resolved.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
MarcoKnjaschewitsch

Ok So it looks like certain cabinets now that i try it one by one and try saving the jobs..>They worked before and show up in my directory. I can choose and modify them. But after i save the folder they do not stay in the Job. or it totally messes up the job and I cant put new cabinets in.
MarcoKnjaschewitsch

i should say the certain units show up but if i click on them in individual and "resave" the cabinet after appying its constraints what actually happens is it has a 0 Value for all L W H sizes....What in the hell happened!? I have not resaved the original cabinets since creation and they have worked all Up till now suddenly...
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

Well, first off what version are you using V6 Build 7 or V6 Build 8? Next, we need some exact steps to reproduce the problem and upload the offending cabinet or jobs to the post.
Here is an example of what the steps should look like.

1. load xyz cabinet in batch
2. take xyz cabinet to cabinet editor
3. go to constraint manager
4. add vertical constraint from lower left corner of part to center of circle.
5. return to main area of cabinet editor
6. resave the cabinet under same name.
7. L W D now shows 0" in cabinet editor
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900