Question about applyed carving

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Question about applyed carving

Post by Scott Marshburn »

We have a request to do some applied carvings I downloaded the carving update for control nesting and am going to download the carving libraries do I have to install the libraries on the controller as well as ecab can I even install them in ecab (the applied carvings) I see the folder for inset carvings in ecab but not applied carvings where should I install applied carvings to use in ecabinets. Thanks for any help.
Jody Wilmes
Guru Member
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: Question about applyed carving

Post by Jody Wilmes »

You should install on both the controller and your ecabs pc.
Once installed for eCabs, you can load these up into the Cabinet Editor. They will be under Display Objects > Applied Carvings.
Keep in mind, these are for display purposes only.

Once installed on the controller, choose the following from the pull-down menu:
Control Options > Carving Library

The carvings are sorted by Typre, Era, etc. Clicking on the picture will provide you with set-up instructions and tooling needed. You also have the ability to scale the carving up or down. This will affect quality.
The carving programs are located under D:\DATA\RENTAL\ and must be loaded manually. Scaled Carvings are found in the same folder, but the name is modified to reflect scaling. For instance:
Original Program Name: RP-FR-OY0001.rent
Scaled Program Name: RP-FR-OY0001_X100.000_Y200.000_Z150.000.rent

Thermwood Carving Setup Instructions : http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/document ... _setup.pdf
Using Carvings on your machine: http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/document ... manual.pdf