Why can't display panels have constraints

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Why can't display panels have constraints

Post by Scott Marshburn »

I wanted to use a display panel for a door I took it to part editor and cut a pocket in it for a speaker. Then I needed to take it into constraints manager to make sure I had all of my dimensions correct but the only parts that show up are the cabinet parts with PE cuts. So I tried a display panel by its self without the cabinet Tried to take it to CM. and it said there needs to be at least one cabinet with PE cut to invoke CM.Even if I associate the display panel to a cabinet it will not let me use CM. for the part. Is there any way in the future to make CM.work with display panels?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Why can't display panels have constraints

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Scott,

Use a stretcher instead of a display Panel. This will let you apply constraints and will re-size. The Display Panel will not re-size so there is no need for constraints.
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Now I feel like a moron. I beta tested for months and didn't see where part edits on stretchers was added. I saw the edgebanding was added but not PE. I guess I need to read the additions more carefully next time. Forrest
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Also Scott why not use a slab door with part edits? Forrest
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member

Thanks guys for your help.Ihave not thought about using a stretcher.I will give that a try.As for the display door that wont work for what I am trying to do see the post I posted in the topic door desighner question.I do not know how to add this link to this post so forgive me but here it is.http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... =3&t=12883
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member

sorry rong link give this one a try
Thanks guys for your help.Ihave not thought about using a stretcher.I will give that a try.As for the display door that wont work for what I am trying to do see the post I posted in the topic door desighner question.I do not know how to add this link to this post so forgive me but here it is.http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... 863#p68143