Error 80090016

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Terry Hall

Error 80090016

Post by Terry Hall »

It's really odd, I cut several sheets yesterday with no problems, but today when I try to batch cut anything I get this error.
Error 80090016 during crypt acquire context. I'm saving to a jump drive and have tried it on two different computers with the same results. When I place the jump drive in the cnc computer it asks if I'd like to scan the jump drive for repair. I tried a couple of different jump drives with the same results.

I thought it may have been because of several parts editor cuts, but I just tried putting in a cabinet I had already cut and the same error occurs. Hope somebody has the answer, thanks.
Terry Hall

Re: Error 80090016

Post by Terry Hall »

I did some research and it appears there was a couple occurences of this error back in 2007, or earlier. I believe my avg antivirus may have updated on both my laptop (windows 7) and my desktop (XP) at about this time. I'm wondering if this was the culprit, but I'm not certain how to fix the problem. I was going to cut some small jobs today that had been on the books for several weeks and just get them out of our hair but..... maybe not.

If anybody has the fix I'd sure appreciate it. :wall: Thanks
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Thanks Scott, I did a search earlier for themcrypt.exe on my computers and it's not there. Maybe it was on the twm disk or something, since I can't find it in any of my files.
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

I tried to repair ecabs, didn't work, then I tried an install, also didn't work. I looked back at the posts in 2010 regarding this error message, but it references thmcrypt.exe which I believe is on the cd and since I've downloaded all of the newer versions I no longer have a cd. When the Thm folks get back tomorrow I'm hoping they'll email me the instructions, or the file to fix it. I'll post when it's fixed in case anybody else has this experience.
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Post by Daniel Odom »

I think the thmcrypt.exe is a file on the controller, not in ecabs.
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Thanks Daniel, Rick just emailed me the thmcrypt.exe file. I followed the directions from the 2010 post and all is well again with both computers.

THANKS RICK, I really didn't expect to hear from anybody until tomorrow, I sincerely appreciate your tireless effort(s).