Tool error

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

Tool error

Post by Tim Massa »

Would anyone be able to suggest where to look for the .25" tooling error that gets thrown up when I try and write out the TWD file thru the SB Link? My Tool Operation #4 for rout/dado and interpolate is a .215" M.C. (resharpened .25" so now undersized). Pocket Settings tool set up is .215" diameter as well.
Not sure why this cabinet is throwing a tool error but if I set the Tool Operation #4 back to .25" it will write out to the SB just fine. Set it back to .215" and a tool error gets thrown again.
Ran several sheets this past friday with the .215" diameter and no problems.
I've tried uploading both TWD file and SB Link export files but forum site says is saying extensions are not allowed. I will gladly email them directly if anyone is willing to have a look at the error.
Thanks for any help.

Tim
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: Tool error

Post by Rick Deskins »

Send your export and the cnc file to program@thermwood.com along with the description of the error you posted above.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Tim Massa

Re: Tool error

Post by Tim Massa »

Ran some of Fridays jobs thru the link and all went well. Ran latest job thru TWD thru the link and it blew another O ring. Regenerated the TWD for this job and tooling error went away. Looks like a dirty TWD file can happen. Looks like it's writing the Link file to the SB fine now with regenerated TWD file.