Was creating twd files, now CryptAcquireContext Errors

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Patrick Cogan
Company Name: Zanetti Millwork

Was creating twd files, now CryptAcquireContext Errors

Post by Patrick Cogan »

Hello all,

I've seen this error pop up on the forums not too long ago: http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... =3&t=12946 but the threads I've searched don't have any public solutions available.

I've been using this computer to do eCabinet designs, then run a batch and produce twd files. For some reason tonight, I can no longer produce the twd file. I keep getting an error "Error 80090016 during CryptAcquireContext!"

Nothing has changed on my eCabinets installation (6.0 Build 8 ). Prior threads with this same problem reference running a "thmcrypt.exe" file, but there are no downloads available.

I tried creating a twd from a cabinet that I have successfully created a twd from in the past, and I get the same error.

I finished a design. I'm supposed to send it out tonight so it can be cut tomorrow, so naturally I am frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Re: Was creating twd files, now CryptAcquireContext Errors

Post by Daniel Odom »

I don't have a solution but if you post the esj I can try and output the twd for you. I'd probably back everything up and then try and re-install ecabs.
Patrick Cogan

Post by Patrick Cogan »

I really appreciate that offer Daniel. I'm going out to the shop at lunch today, and hopefully I'll be able to create the twd on the computer there as a workaround.
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Patrick Cogan

Post by Patrick Cogan »

Thanks Rick. I missed that thread in my searches last night.

I'll give that solution a try.
Patrick Cogan

Post by Patrick Cogan »

Scott G Vaal wrote:Try doing the following:

1. Save the file from the link below to the root of the C drive.
2. Open up a command prompt and then go directly to the c: drive by typing "cd\" then enter (do not type the quotes).
3. Next type "thmcrypt.exe" then hit enter. it should tell you 3 files have been copied.
a. If it does not and you are running XP, you will need to go into Windows explorer and delete the following directory, "C:\documents and settings\"user name"\application data\microsoft\crypto\RSA". In Windows 7 the path is"C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA".
4. Once that directory is deleted you will need to run the thmcrypt.exe file from a dos prompt again.

http://www.thermwood.com/download/temp_ ... mcrypt.exe

Just wanted to report back that this fix worked fine, for anyone having the same issue.

Thanks again Rick (and Scott indirectly) for your help. I appreciate the support.
Zach Froble

Post by Zach Froble »

The fix worked for me at the end of last week. I was creating another TWD file this morning and got the error. Am I going to have to do this each time I create a TWD?

Thanks,

ZachF
Lyndan Designs
Machining and CAD Services
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

I had the same problem, but after doing this I haven't had it happen again. After you delete the RSA and run THMCrypt.exe, go back to the RSA folder, open the S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX folder and make the file that is created read-only. Right click on the file and check the read only box.