Drawer box finger cut out.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Greg Haw

Drawer box finger cut out.

Post by Greg Haw »

Been trying to make a finger pull cut out in a drawer box front. Used a rectangle and a half circle on either side of it in Partr Editor to make the cut out. When I try to add the drawer box to cabinet I get a message that says "Drawer box cannot be regenerated. Press Yes to remove part editer cuts or No to remove drawer box. Now I have tried this with just the rectangle and same thing. I tried it with a circle cut out, and it will place the drawer box in the cabinet. Oh I am doing this in Drawer Box Designer. It works if I add boxes and then make cut outs. But I have a bunch of different size cabinets I have to do this in with multiple drawers. I don't want to make individual cuts in each drawer. Is there a solution to this? And while here When I did use the circle I could not figure how to force it to stay centered in Constraint Manager.
Greg
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Drawer box finger cut out.

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Greg,

Attach the cabinet that has this drawer box set as default (the one you are having trouble with) and I will look into what might be going on.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Greg Haw

Post by Greg Haw »

drawer unit.hsf
(2.5 MiB) Downloaded 455 times
Ok took me awhile to find where the files are stored. Xp was so much easier. Well since it don't let me install the drawer with Part Editor cuts I am not sure if this helps. But Thanks Greg!
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

To keep the finger pull the right size and place with resizing you have to use the Constraint Manager.
CM.jpg
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900