running e-cabinet systems via parallels

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Michael Schwartz
Company Name: Chatoyancy Studio

running e-cabinet systems via parallels

Post by Michael Schwartz »

As a SB link owner, and user I have been reading this forum for a while but I am somewhat new. I just completed a kitchen with the link, and I should have some pictures soon.

I thought that I would mention that I just tried running e-cabinets via parallels on my macbook pro and
so far the results are promising

I decided to try this since the core2 quad desktop that I built for design work 3-4 years ago is getting old and I am not sure that I want to replace it right now. I would rather put money into a single computer.

I will be continuing to experiment with this, and I will definitely post any updates as to how this works out. I am curious if anybody else is doing this.

I am running an early 2011 macbook pro with a 2.0 ghz i7 with 8gb of ram. I replaced the stock 5400rpm HDD, with a 256gb crucial M4 SSD, and the windows 7 virtual machine starts up in about 17 seconds with parallels. Graphics are AMD Radeon HD 6490M @ 256 MB.

Performance seems to be good. I am at home so I can't compare the two, but I have a feeling it is better than my desktop.