Drawer Box Hardware Association

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

TonyGiunta
Company Name: ToSa Design

Drawer Box Hardware Association

Post by TonyGiunta »

Hi,

I have some RTA cabinets with a standard RTA drawer box I use. Drawer box is always Maple in color and I use the Hafele Maple color RTA rafix. What I am trying to do is find out, quickly, how many RTA rafix connectors I need for drawer boxes (Maple) and how many I need for my cabinets (other color). I don't see anywhere which separates the two or where I can associate a particular RTA fastener with my drawer box.

Along the same lines, if I have a standard file drawer with intended hang file rail hardware, is there a way I can associate this hardware with this drawer box design?

If not, best work arounds?

Thx!
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: Drawer Box Hardware Association

Post by Rick Deskins »

If you load your drawer box in the drawer box designer, open the construction settings, then select Left Side Construction Parameters. There you can select the new kd to associate with the drawer box. There is an all button that will allow you to set the new kd to all the parts of the loaded drawer box.

If you have the cabinets loaded in a room or batch, you can then change drawer boxes or drawer boxes with fronts to the new drawer box with the proper kd associated to it using the Adj. Features Tab in the Item Window. Then when you run the buy list, the two different kd models should show up.

Currently there is no way to associate additional hardware with a drawer box. You can only associate additional hardware with a cabinet, assembly, or job.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
TonyGiunta
Company Name: ToSa Design

Re: Drawer Box Hardware Association

Post by TonyGiunta »

Rick. That makes sense. I'll try it out. Thanks!