installing pulls and getting the holes to show up

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Frank Wedman
Company Name: Space Attack Inc.

installing pulls and getting the holes to show up

Post by Frank Wedman »

I don't seem to be having any luck getting pull holes to show in doors or drawer fronts. I have created a standard 96mm hole pattern ( 48mm each side of the Y axis, centred at 0 on x) used a positive 3/4" depth, when I view the pattern in 3d it looks exactly as it has been drawn, saved the pattern, in this case as a door pattern. I specify the hole pattern in the pull section of the hardware menu in the door/drawer editor, install the pull using Add/Locate pulls from the menu, specify the location which shows up as a centreline mark on the door fronts, but no holes are put in. When I take the cabinet to the cabinet editor and look at the part in part editor, it doesn't show the holes. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Frank
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: installing pulls and getting the holes to show up

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Frank,

my Mistake
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Frank,

The manual actually has this stated backwards. You need a negative depth on your pattern to cut into the door and drawer fronts. The positive value is used if you want the holes cut into a drawer box front that would be directly behind a drawer front. We will correct the manual for the next build. sorry for the confusion.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Frank Wedman
Company Name: Space Attack Inc.

Post by Frank Wedman »

A thousand blessings on your house Scott! That worked. I thought I was loosing my mind. Frank
John Castagna
Company Name: DeCarle Cabinetry

Post by John Castagna »

hello, I'm having a similar issue that the op of this thread was having... I ran a search which brought me here. I tried what was suggested in this thread but no matter what I do I cannot view the handle holes. What am I doing wrong!? Thanks in advance

John