Cabinet Construction Questions

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Daren LaBranche
Company Name: Drawn to Wood

Cabinet Construction Questions

Post by Daren LaBranche »

As a newbie, I'm trying to build a library of my cabinets. These may seem like rookie questions, so I hope you guys can offer me a simple solution that I'm just not familiar with yet.

Cabinet Type
If I understand what I've read correctly, I am not able to save a wall corner cabinet (that I created by modifying a standard/downloaded wall corner seed cab) as a base corner cab. According to this restriction, in order to create a base corner cab I need to - again - modify a standard/downloaded base corner seed cab. This seems rather silly when the cab is identical in construction except for the height at which it is mounted on the wall. If I have this correct, then I'd like to suggest that the programmers allow users to change the cab type.

Construction Settings
Is it possible to carry/transfer all of the construction settings from one of my library cabs to others? For example: I have defined my door reveals to be 1.5mm, but each time I build a new library cab from a copy of a standard/downloaded cab the system inherits the construction settings of that cab, forcing me to go through each tab & reset all the values necessary for my cabs.

Thanks
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: Cabinet Construction Questions

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Hi Daren,
You have good ideas here but unfortunately the software works the way it works right now, and to answer your question, you do indeed have to modify each cabinet type individually to get the setup the way you want.
After you use the software for a while, it gets faster. Don't forget that you can use the global settings tab in the construction settings dialog to help you get certain settings in place faster.
Hope this helps,
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Daren LaBranche
Company Name: Drawn to Wood

Re: Cabinet Construction Questions

Post by Daren LaBranche »

Thank you Josh. I understand what you mean with the Global Settings helping a little, but it sounds like I still need to reset allot of individual Construction Settings for every cabinet I make that is different from the seed cab it started out as. You're right, it's getting faster & easier all the time.

Is it possible to affect all the Construction Settings project-wide (ie: for multiple cabs at one time by dragging several cabs into a Custom Layout), changing the Construction Settings & then taking individual cabs into the Cab Editor & saving them? Never mind, I just tried it & realize that you can't access the Construction Settings from within a Custom Layout.