Bind corner frameless

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ray Jorgensen
Company Name: Classic Custom Wood

Bind corner frameless

Post by Ray Jorgensen »

I have a bunch of frameless cabs to cut. The one that's giving problems is a blind corner. ( I need 3 of them)

How do I add a filler strip to the side of the door on the blind side. This strip would go top to bottom and be flush with the short partition where the drawer slide attaches to. It's easy with a FF cab. Not so with frameless.

This is my first attempt at designing frameless so be kind.

I'm going to attempt uploading the file.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
bb_r_48.hsf
(702.02 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Jon Dieterlen

Re: Bind corner frameless

Post by Jon Dieterlen »

You should be able to use a stretcher attached to the top stretcher and the deck. You can give a negative inset to get it to sit on the front of the deck/stretcher. I added the stretcher to your cabinet. Take a look at it in the stretcher editor and look at how the positions are locked.

Jon
Attachments
bb_r_48.hsf
(724.02 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
Jon Dieterlen

Post by Jon Dieterlen »

I'm also a FF guy. My customers want furniture looking cabinets w/raised panel ends, legs, beaded inset frames etc. I don't have a router, and I am wondering how it would fit into our operation. Sure we could cut our plywood and do blind dados to for the basic box construction, but as for the joinery for attaching the frames, building the frames, building the doors, drawer boxes (solid maple dovetail), the router may not be the best and fastest solution to these tasks. We have a well equipped shop, several shapers, 2 head WB, Vertical panel saw, Edgebander, combo drill, case clamp. Just not sure if the router would make me any money. I know some of you will say outsource your doors, drawers and use the router to make more boxes faster. Sounds good if you can increase your sales enough to pay for the router.

Jon
Ray Jorgensen
Company Name: Classic Custom Wood

Post by Ray Jorgensen »

Thanks Jon, That does it.

As far as the router goes, I figure it's my hired man. I have found many more uses for it than my original intent. Short of buying one give the production sharing a try.