Several Different Construction Questions

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Re: Several Different Construction Questions

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Scott, create a sheet material the same thickness and finish as the molding. Build a cabinet from it, remove all the parts except the sides and top. Now size it to the Depth, Height, and Width you need. Use backsets to adjust depth of part, and overall cabinet depth to set the parts from the wall.
Scott Moffett
Company Name: Scott Moffett

Post by Scott Moffett »

I am still not having any luck. When I created the display object that is the first piece of trim, I can rotate it to get it facing correctly but I still can't figure out how to get it to move.

Scott
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Click on it to select it. You can move it by setting the Move Increment value and the holding the shift key use an arrow key to move it in the appropriate direction. Or you can hold the Control key after you've selected it and drag it with the right mouse button. There is no align or snap to feature.

Dennis
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Here is a quick surround as described earlier.
Attachments
Surround Example.esj
(834.02 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
Surround.jpg
Scott Moffett

Post by Scott Moffett »

Dennis,

Thank you. I tried creating a display object and a display cube and I am able to move them around left and right and back and forth to place them in front of the cabinet. What I can't figure out now is how to get them to move up and down in the room. Both objects I am working with are 88" long, 3" wide and 3/4" thick. The display object came into my layout half below the floor and half above. I can move it where it needs to go now but can't get it to raise up to be flush with the top of the cabinet. The display cube is at least all above the floor but it is resting on the floor and I can get it in the right position also but again I can't get it to raise up to be flush with the top if the cabinet.

Scott
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

click on an object then click on a wall or walls. There is an icon to Associate the object to the wall or you can select Associate from the Edit Walls option on the right-click menu.

Go to the Help document and search for "Associate to Wall"

Dennis
Scott Moffett

Post by Scott Moffett »

That worked great. I made display cubes and using association and the moving techniques I was able to do it. Now I am going to do the short wall.
Test 4.jpg
Thanks for the help. I still have so much jury rigged to get it to look right that I don't know if the software will help much actually figuring out cuts and pieces but at least I have a good visual representation for myself and the client.

Also, how do I get a larger, closer up picture? I am saving the the JPEGs at 100% in the presentation view and you can't go higher.

Scott
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Zoom in first before Presentation View.
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

When you're in Presentation View, you zoom in and then re-render the scene to create the new view.

There is a 17 minute video on Presentation View, that I believe covers this.

Dennis