Draw grain direction when using adjust features

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Draw grain direction when using adjust features

Post by jason galbraith »

Ok, I'm building my draw library. When i've got a bank of draws, and i want to change the draw fronts to timber grain, I go to adjust features and select the timber grain panel and it changes the draw fronts. However, it will always run the grain horizontally. Is there a way to get the draw grain to go up and down, as is our standard? Other wise, I will have to make another new library with the grain running up and down. with different sheet sizes to suit ie. for a 2400x1200 sheet, 3100x1200 sheet etc.
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Jon Dieterlen

Re: Draw grain direction when using adjust features

Post by Jon Dieterlen »

You are wanting the grain to be shown vertical like a door? I don't think you can change the grain direction for drawer fronts irregardless of whether they are sheet stock or board stock. They are always shown w/horizontal grain, but are listed in the cut list w/the grain running vertically. Please correct me if I am wrong. Makes no sense to me. I always have to rotate all the solid wood fronts in my parts list so the grain is oriented properly. We make all of our own raised panel doors/drawer fronts/raised panel cabinet ends/raised panel bar backs etc. This software falls way short in this aspect. Way too much fussing around to get the proper part sizes when making custom panels to be used for cabinet ends.
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Draw grain direction when using adjust features

Post by Forrest Chapman »

The grain is changed when adding the front and should retain that orientation when changing globally. Forrest