Program Very Slow

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Program Very Slow

Post by Nat Wheatley »

I was entering a batch of cabinets today, and things seemed to be moving very slowly. Even changing the names of batch items was taking far too long to register (30 seconds). Saving files, creating .TWD files, and some of the other processes seemed on par with what I'm used to, but others were extremely slow. I'm not sure when this problem crept in

Running Build 10, no changes to hardware. I tried a re-boot, which did nothing to clear things up.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

Thanks
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Program Very Slow

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Nat,

Not sure on this. Does it seem slow even if it is just one cab in the batch? What other areas seem slower than normal for you. Maybe attach a job that is giving you this issue. Is your virus software set to exclude ecabinets.exe and its user data path and app data path? You may also want to update your graphics driver to the latest available (maybe a windows update did something to this).
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Re: Program Very Slow

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Hi,

I just tried a sample batch of one item, and it took only a second or two for the item name change to register, so it does seem to be related, on some level, to the number of items in the batch. I've also noticed that it takes quite for this file to open on my computer.

The file is too large to attach here, so I've e-mailed it to you.

Thanks,
Nat
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3