Problem with resizeing drawer

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Problem with resizeing drawer

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Could some one have a look at this drawer.Somethig seems to go wrong with the constraints in drawer designer when I resize the depth to 22 inches.(The drawer was made from a 20 inch deep drawer) and try to go back to 20 inches I get an error when trying to regenerating part editor cuts. I can resize down as much as I want and go back to 20 inches no problem. I can go from 20 inches to 21 inches then back to 20 no problem.
Attachments
ComponetRollout.hsf
(116.02 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member

Re: Problem with resizeing drawer

Is this a bug or an I doing something wrong
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Hey Scott, I don't quite understand the the issue. The constraints seem fine. In Construction Settings, you have a -5.75" inset for the front and sides, is this by design? Can you post a cabinet using this drawer?
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member

Rick this is by design. The drawer was drawn on the fly due to a last minute change. The orinagle cabinet was suppose to have standard pullout shelves. But the customer decided that they wanted the bottom pullout to come out when the door was opend.So I took the same rollout height and added enough to the sides and front to allow the door to be fastened to the rollout. I discovered the issue when I went back later to make it so that we could use it on any cabinet. If you try to modify the depth as described in my first post in drawer box designer you should see what I am talking about. Thanks for the reply Scott
Attachments
B 1op1Dwr FL FR 2 rollouts.hsf
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 334 times
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Scott, I removed the mid drawer from the cab and that allowed the pullout to be resized to 22".
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member

Rick The drawer resizes fine in cabinet editor. But open it in the drawer box designer and change the Drawer depth to 22 inches it resizes fine but when you try to resize it back to 20 it gets this error
Attachments
Componit_Rollout.png
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Yes i'm getting the same result. Going up in size, no problem. going down, I get to 21.0625".
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Scott Marshburn wrote:Rick The drawer resizes fine in cabinet editor. But open it in the drawer box designer and change the Drawer depth to 22 inches it resizes fine but when you try to resize it back to 20 it gets this error
Scott,

I too see the issue with your drawer box. Not sure what the issue is with it at this point. I removed all the PE cuts from the box and re-added them and re-added constraints to it and now my version seems to work without any problems. I will attach my re-made version here for you to use or review. I will also send your original version to our programmers and see if they can come up with any answers for its behavior. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you can come up with any steps that gets it back to the bad state, please let me know.
Attachments
ComponetRollout_new_sgv.hsf
(116.02 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member

Ok this is weird but if I remove the part editor cuts from my drawer and redraw and reapply the constraints I get the same error but if I do the exact same proses to Scott's drawer it works good. Not that tis is a big issue but it is like fishing something keeps taking your bobber under and eating the worm but nothing is on the other end.
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Scott Marshburn wrote:Ok this is weird but if I remove the part editor cuts from my drawer and redraw and reapply the constraints I get the same error but if I do the exact same proses to Scott's drawer it works good. Not that tis is a big issue but it is like fishing something keeps taking your bobber under and eating the worm but nothing is on the other end.
Scott,
How did you go about removing the PE cuts? You will want to use the right-click menu option in the dbx editor {Remove PartEditor Cuts} > {From Entire Drawerbox}. If you did not do it this way, then you may have a residual issue hanging out for the ride. If you did do it this way and still get the issue, then please get me some specific steps that you take, and If we can reproduce it here, we can resolve it for a future version.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000