Error 800900b

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Michael RA Greschuk

Error 800900b

Post by Michael RA Greschuk »

Just Batched a job and got this error when writing twd file. Any Ideas what this means and will the job run or is it a wait and see thing? The error said during crypt acquire context
Thanks for any insight
Mike
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Re: Error 800900b

Post by jason galbraith »

Had this problem the other day. Do a search on this froum for a better answer, but you will have to do a search on your controller for the file thmcrypt.exe and copy that file to the computer that you are trying to send the .twd from. On that same computer, do a search for a folder called Crypto, and delete it ( or do what I do and rename it as say Crypto-stuffed). Then run the thmcrypt.exe file on your computer as administrator (right click on the file and choose run as administrator).

If thermwood can step up here and provide a better answer it would be great, because on one of my computers, I might have to run thmcrypt.exe a couple of times a day to get it to send .TWD's.
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Michael RA Greschuk

Post by Michael RA Greschuk »

Hey Jason, thanks for your reply. Thermwood sent me some information but so far I have had no success. I have a guy coming in tomorrow to see what he can do. The problem started when I had my hard drive swapped out for a solid state one. I'll have to wait and see and in the meantime I'll just use a different computer :(
jason galbraith

This has now happened to another computer of ours. Could Thermwood please look into this, and provide me with an answer?
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Post by Brad McIntosh »

Jason,

Have you tried to contact Thermwood's service department directly? I do not believe these forums to be the primary support channel and are instead mainly for users helping users and for the dissemination of information. Yes Thermwood does moderate them and the technical support people do visit and review when they can, but... if they are busy with direct emails and phone calls, then you could wait awhile here.

If you are having an urgent service issue contact them directly.

Thermwood's Technical Support-
Thermwood's Software Support-
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation
jason galbraith

Thanks for the info Brad, I just find it generally quicker and easier to deal with the forums, because there are usually a few people who've had the same issue and can answer. Also, if a solution to a problem like this gets posted on the forums then it can be used as a knowledge base and searched for in here. This alleviates tech support having to deal with the issue and spending time responding to it.
My previous experiences of dealing directly with tech support have been....somewhat not as awesome as I would have hoped.

Anyways, It appears that Michael above managed to get a solution, which he kindly forwarded to me. It has fixed my problems on both computers. I don't know if I'm allowed to post it, but if anybody needs it then PM or email me, and I will gladly pass it on.

Thankyou.