The lock icon

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

The lock icon

Post by Leo Graywacz »

OK, I see it in the new version. What's its use? Obvious it will lock a dimension on a cabinet, but why? I saw it and though maybe we got the opening size lock for the drawer height problem. What can I use this for?
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Re: The lock icon

Post by jason galbraith »

I'm thinking it's so that other users ( where you might have a large set up like ours with 3 or more people sharing the same library) can't just grab the same cabinet and start changing it to suit themselves. Maybe.
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Post by Daniel Odom »

It's also useful for assemblies and parts made from cabinets, where the wxlxh aren't always what you'd think of as wxlxh and you might not want to accidentally change the wrong parameter.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Lets say that you have a library set up with cabinets like a base with 1 opening and 1 door, a Base with 1 opening and 2 doors, a Base 2 opening with 1 door each opening etc. You can lock the widths of these cabinets so that for example if you do not wish to have a cabinet with a door over 20 inches wide you would get a warning if you exceeded the maximum width set or that cabinet.
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Search the Help document for Lock, then select Cabinet Dimension Lock for an explanation of this feature.

Dennis