No Cabinets in new install of v.6 build 10

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Paul Waite
Company Name: CRU

No Cabinets in new install of v.6 build 10

Post by Paul Waite »

I am attempting to set up eCabinets on a laptop running Windows 7. It appeared to install without error but when I go to the Cabinet/Assembly Editor and try to open a cabinet, clicking on the cabinet tab results in . . . nothing. In fact, clicking on any of the tabs on the flyout menu on the right does nothing.

I can open a job file and import a cabinet into the Cabinet/Assembly Editor but when I try to change the door style, no door styles are listed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated . . . the work is piling up!

Paul
Paul Waite

Re: No Cabinets in new install of v.6 build 10

Post by Paul Waite »

I have an update to clarify the issue.

In the Cabinet/Assembly Editor, I discovered that if I click on the "undock" icon at the top of the left flyout menu (for selecting cabinets, materials, etc.), the items are view-able. So it is not an issue of eCabinets not being able to find the items; it is a functionality issue. I installed eCabinets 6 build 10 on my Windows XP machine and this feature functions properly as in earlier versions.

So, to be clear, on the laptop running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit operating system, in the Cabinet/Assembly Editor, the left flyout menu only pops out enough to see the menu, not the folders or folder contents. I have to undock the menu to be able to select an item.

At least I am back to work but is anyone else experiencing this??

Paul
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Hey Paul, just pin the Fly-out Menu so it's locked, then you can grab the edge and drag it to however wide you want. Then unpin.
Paul Waite

Post by Paul Waite »

By George, ah, I mean, Rick, it worked! I've never had to make this adjustment in previous versions but that worked like a charm. It now autohides and flys out to reveal the list of cabinets, assemblies, etc.

Thank you.