Edgebanding is not shown in cutlist exported to Excel

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Greg Nagy
Company Name: Barracuda Kitchens

Edgebanding is not shown in cutlist exported to Excel

Post by Greg Nagy »

Hi,

I made an excel macro to convert the e-cabinet cutlist format to my own format what I can use. Regarding this I encountered an issue, probably a software bug but I'm not sure.
With normal cabinet parts in the edgebanding column there are the correct notation (Front, Left etc... or none if there is no edging). However, with drawer box parts the cells are empty even though the parts are edged in the cabinet editor.
Did I miss something or it is a bug?

Greg
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: Edgebanding is not shown in cutlist exported to Excel

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Greg I get the same thing This must be a bug. You can create a user form with a list box that would populate text boxes and/or combo boxes that would allow you to insert the banding specs. I will play around with one and see if I can get it to work (when I get a chance)
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: Edgebanding is not shown in cutlist exported to Excel

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi Greg If You Paste this code into a new module in your personal workbook It will bring up a Excel "Stock " user form that you could use to find the drawer box parts or any part for that mater.One Note Unless you set a named range for the worksheets You will get a warning stating for the most part that it can not determine witch rows are the column heads .Just click OK. And it will work fine.

Sub EditCutListData()
ActiveWindow.ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm
End Sub