General questions

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Pedro Ghio
Company Name: Royal Kitchens

General questions

Post by Pedro Ghio »

Hello everyone, i hoped you could answer a couple of questions if its not much trouble.

The option circled by red on the first image is the size of the blade? If it is, what is the normal size of a blade? I dont have a CNC yet but im making tests and i want the average size that its mostly used.

And on the second photo, there are this little holes on the ends that i know are because of the drawer, but i dont want them and i dont know how to delete them, some times they appear, sometimes they dont. Can someone explain how to remove them and what are they called?

I watched the videos but my english is not 100% good and maybe i missed the word. Thanks a lot for the help.

Pedro Ghio
Attachments
123124123.jpg
3213213.jpg
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: General questions

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi Pedro The option you have circled Is for true shape nesting "CNC" if you are using conventional methods such as a table saw then you need to set the saw blade kerf option to the thickness of your blade.Then when you click on nest select cut line instead of true shape.
As for the holes these appear to me to be hardware holes check the drawer in the drawer editor to see if you have hardware hole patterns applied to this drawer if so remove them.
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Post by Daniel Odom »

Pedro, you can change that number to 3.17mm to match thickness of your saw blade kerf. You can change it to any thickness you want and the nest diagram will change according to your input value. If not using a cnc you can leave it as your saw thickness and not have to worry about it. For CNC, 3/8" (9.52mm) through 1/2" (12.7mm) is the typical diameter used.

For the problem with the drawer hole pattern, go into the drawerbox editor, click on drawer slides/dbx slides tab and click on the icon with "recycle" arrows. From the resulting drop down menu click "clear from the cabinet", then click yes and return to main. If you used the drawer editor with an added drawer box, do the same thing but from the drawer editor.
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

There are two settings for the width of the cut. The one you have circled is for a router bit on a CNC. In the U.S., most of our Thermwood customers use a 3/8" bit. Some may use a 1/2" bit. The other setting is named "Saw Blade Kerf" and is used when everything is nested as a "Cut Line" option rather than "True Shape".

The other holes do appear to be from a drawer guide. The hole pattern is selected in the Item Window on the right from the "Drawer Slides" button. You'll see a Hole Pattern. To remove the pattern, select the little button that has the down arrow. From there you can click on "Clear Defaults". The cabinet will be rebuilt without the hole pattern.

Dennis

P.S. Double click on the cabinet first, then "Clear Defaults" for the drawer slide hole pattern.