Nesting problems

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Pedro Ghio
Company Name: Royal Kitchens

Nesting problems

Post by Pedro Ghio »

Hello again

I have few questions when nesting, im trying to nest some conestoga doors with frame only, and im choosing the material, i only have the ones in "Species" i choose one, try to nest it and then it says "Panel material not found" and it doesnt nest the frames from the door, how can i choose the materials i have in the "Define materials"? or how can i make the doors be nested?

How can i change the grain direction of a "display board"?

And the last one is, im trying to nest a "big cabinet" (dont know the english name, sorry) and one single part is giving me problems when trying to nest, the dimentions are 2148mm*49mm, but i dont know why its giving me problems when i have a similar part 2150mm*50mm that is been nested perfectly? both parts are display boards. But why i have problems with one and not the other?

Hope you can answer my issues, thanks in advance.

Pedro Ghio
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: Nesting problems

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Pedro
With that large piece not nesting. I can think of 2 things that may help.
In construction settings for the cabinet, check the grain direction angle for that piece, it may be set to 90 degrees or something.
Then in define materials for the part that is giving you trouble, have a look at length and width of the material, perhaps swap them around and also grained if it is grained or not.
As for the door questions I haven't looked at that section for quite a while. But I think that the Conestoga doors are an American company that sells doors and it is a half intergrated ordering system and doors can be displayed but not cut. Not sure.
Perhaps look at the Thermwood doors where the sizes are put into the cutlist, I'm not sure if you can just have a frame though.
Perhaps for the center panel make a material called glass but use the same image that you use use for the internals of the cabinet I think I have used the 30113 pattern as a glass image in the reflections textures folder. Not a perfect solution but it looked okay.
Hope this sort of makes sense :)
Attachments
Pedro Settings.JPG
Pedro Ghio
Company Name: Royal Kitchens

Post by Pedro Ghio »

Hello Mark and thanks for your response, it helped a lot,

i have another question, dont know if this is possible here. I want to take screenshots of the cabs like this example, Just the black outline, i know that in the drawing editor if i print it, it just print the black outline, but dont know how to take screenshots or save the picture, and if its posible one just like that.

Thanks a lot.

Pedro Ghio
Attachments
example of black outlined screenshot
example of black outlined screenshot
example.jpg (12.69 KiB) Viewed 5395 times
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

I'm not Mark but if you use the PRINT SCREEN button on your keypad and then PASTE it to a photo editor like IRFANVIEW (you can download for free) and then you can do what ever you like with the picture.
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Pedro
You can use the snapshot button in the cabinet editor and line drawing editor then save the image.
I use Photoshop to edit it, (because that is what I am used to using) or as Wally says use infran view which has a button at the top of the eCabs screen.
There must be a trick that wally uses because I can never get the print screen button to work.
I am using windows 7 and it seems to come with the other program i use, called snipping tool which is good for controlled screen captures. If you do a google it seems to be tucked into a few versions of windows.
I find the W for wireframe a handy shortcut in the cabinet editor as well.
Attachments
pedro1.JPG