Question about Hinge hole patterns for slab doors

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Question about Hinge hole patterns for slab doors

Post by Scott Marshburn »

If we use hole patterns for our hinges on slab doors with a 1/32 edge banding and the setback required for the cup is 1/4 in. from the edge of the door will the program allow for the edge banding or do we need to adjust the hole pattern to allow for the banding?
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Re: Question about Hinge hole patterns for slab doors

Post by Daniel Odom »

I've never had to make any adjustments when switching between lam and 3 mil so it must take the thickness into account. I think the door size used to calculate placement is with the edge-band but the door size that is cut on the machine is less the thickness of the band? Take the cab in question to the LDE and verify but I believe it's not a problem.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member

Thanks Daniel I was fairly confident that this was the case but I was thinking what would a 1/32" difference make. We have not done any frameless cabinets ourselves before and upon really Looking at this type of construction I have found out that a 1/32" could really make a difference when you are using small reveals especially when it comes to cabinets against walls and twin applications for the doors and the proper mounting plates to use.
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Post by Daniel Odom »

Yeah, looks like the only thing you need to look out for is that your edge band thickness is correct and that you are using applied patterns as part editor cuts don't seem to use the same logic. Also, watch out on your upper cabinets if you change material thickness using the twd output, seems to screw up the door sizes. Took me a while to figure out why I had the wrong door sizes a few weeks ago.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member

Thanks for the heads up Daniel