Ripping my hair out trying to delete a Stretcher

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Leon Rudan
Company Name: Cornermark Design

Ripping my hair out trying to delete a Stretcher

Post by Leon Rudan »

I am new with eCabinet software and have gone through all the tutorials etc. I've spent 2 hours trying to figure out how to delete a stretcher and simply can't do it. I searched on here, checked the help file, etc, but to no avail. It must be something silly and stupid that I am not getting, but I am simply not getting it. Maybe someone can help me before I rip my hair out or start drinking.

I am trying to delete a stretcher from the 'Sink Base - Slab' cabinet in the ESL6872-2 Base Cabinets Library that I downloaded from the Thermwood site. It is the stretcher at the back of the cabinet. When I hover over it the dialog box that comes up says the that the part is a 'Left Right Stretcher' and User Part Name is 'Upper Nailer'. So I then click on the Stretcher Editor icon, which is supposed to allow you to edit or remove stretchers, and up on the left 2 boxes pop up, Add Stretcher and Adjust Stretcher. So, I click Adjust Stretcher which I figure will allow me to delete it. But, then no matter what I do, what boxes I check, no matter how many times I click anywhere, the stretcher simply doesn't go away. There is also no way to hilight it and press delete or anything. I also clicked on Construction Settings while in the Stretcher Editor but that didn't allow me to delete it either.

What am I doing wrong?
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Re: Ripping my hair out trying to delete a Stretcher

Post by Daniel Odom »

Stretcher Editor>Click on stretcher>hit your delete key. Maybe your drivers aren't displaying properly but the part should highlight as green if you click it once.
Leon Rudan
Company Name: Cornermark Design

Re: Ripping my hair out trying to delete a Stretcher

Post by Leon Rudan »

Thanks so much. I actually spent another hour on it and finally figured it out late last night and came back here and so you answered it. I can't believe I missed trying that but I guess I was fixated on the 'Adjust Stretcher' icon as allowing that.