Design Lock?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Design Lock?

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Could someone please explain how the design lock users and Groups works? I did find more info when I went to file design Lock add design and clicked on The (?) So if I set up a user lets say with the name of Fred and give him a account number and then disallow him from Lets say library ABC Then I give him a couple of library's along with the one I have him disallowed from that I have designed on my computer to put on his computer how does the program know who is using those library's? How do you prevent him from changing his self to be allowed? Maybe I have not Quiet got my head around this yet but I was thinking in terms of Excel and the way it has Protection for workbooks as well as worksheets.Workboooks beaning Libraries and worksheets being Cabinets. Thus Prompting the user (any user) to enter a pass word in order to Modify The cabinet or adjust Parameters of That cabinet that you have protected. such as with Excel you could allow users to select Cabinets, resize cabinets etc. based on the locks you have set for that cabinet and or Library. Is this the way this feature works?
Jim Carter
Company Name: Jim Carter Corp.

Re: Design Lock?

Post by Jim Carter »

Good question Scott .
jim@jimcartercorp.com
973-224-0221
Ringwood, New Jersey
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

Design Locks use your eCabinet Systems Account number (found under Help menu->My Account Number). You lock a design to the Account Number(s) that you want to allow to modify. So, you would lock you designs to your account number. Only PCs with registrations codes from your account will be allow to edit the design of the files. Only your account number would be allow to change/remove the design locks on the file. Design locks blocks the user from taking the cab/assembly to the cabinet editor, from CNC Output, and Nesting. They could create a batch/room layout and resize the cabinet if the cabinet size locks allow.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Jim Carter
Company Name: Jim Carter Corp.

Post by Jim Carter »

Good answer Scott
Thanks
jim@jimcartercorp.com
973-224-0221
Ringwood, New Jersey