build 10 upgrade

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mike Mahoney
Company Name: MahoneyWoodcraft

build 10 upgrade

Post by Mike Mahoney »

I am a small shop and use the software sporadically. I recently tried to down load the latest upgrade and cannot get the upgrade to work at all. I have went to the site, and downloaded. It goes through the process and says the install is complete, but when I try to open it, it tries to re-install again. I have attempted it many times but it simply won't install. Any suggestions?
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Re: build 10 upgrade

Post by Rob Davis »

Best method for us is to download the update to the computer and then make absolutely certain that you run as administrator.
Mike Mahoney
Company Name: MahoneyWoodcraft

Re: build 10 upgrade

Post by Mike Mahoney »

I tried running as administrator and it did not work. I noticed the shortcut icon on my desktop for e cabinet 6 has a shield on it, the same as the install shield. that never used to be there before i tried to do the build 10 update. If I try opening it up from the "programs" folder, it still brings me back to the install shield. It seems like the main program is gone. Something else that confuses me is when I go through the process it asks me to choose "repair" or "modify". I have tried both choices, but neither works.