The old favourite Hoop Errors

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Guys,
One of my staff who uses Ecabinets has these messages
An error occurred while adding parasolid information to the saved file
After clicking the box
Another message
There was a problem in making the hsf of the assembly

I am not sure why we are having the problem since mid September but we have had a few windows 7 updates
Also a computer IT guy who looked at the computer said there were 3 virus checkers installed. AGV, Mcfee and Windows essential.
We though we had uninstalled AGV but are not sure on Mcfee.

Have tried to restore to a early September computer state but Windows restore won’t show any dates earlier than a week ago?
I was wondering if any other user was experencing these hoop errors? I have a couple of other computers with Ecabinets but no hoops messages so my staff member is using these while his computer is jumping through hoops. :mrgreen:
Thought maybe reinstalling Ecabinets but I'm worried that might effect something else.

Any suggestions on what we need to do or try?
Neville Australia
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Re: The old favourite Hoop Errors

Post by Daniel Odom »

I had this problem last week after an update, did a restore and turned off automatic updates until I can figure out which one caused the problem.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Lucky you Daniel. I don't know what has happened to the old installed list. I thought the retore points went back forever not just a week. When its not your computer you are not sure what goes on.
Maybe someone will suggest what to try.
Nev
Neville Australia
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Neville,
Generally the first message you saw results from lost cabinet bodies. Why that happens is anyone's guess, but if you take each cabinet into the cabinet editor, select the cabinet, and right click, choose 'remove all part editor cuts' 'from entire cabinet' then let it rebuild - you should be able to save the file with no problems.
Hope this helps.
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Post by Daniel Odom »

Josh Rayburn wrote:Neville,
Generally the first message you saw results from lost cabinet bodies. Why that happens is anyone's guess, but if you take each cabinet into the cabinet editor, select the cabinet, and right click, choose 'remove all part editor cuts' 'from entire cabinet' then let it rebuild - you should be able to save the file with no problems.
Hope this helps.
jnr
Yeah, I tried that, this was something different though, the entire program became corrupted, nothing would save... even unrelated cabinets that I had run just the other day; hoops error no matter what I did. Tried restarting etc, but just ended up doing a restore and everything went back to normal, shrugs.

Neville, there is a setting in windows that let's you choose how often a restore point is created and what it backs up, might want to adjust it to save more points and settings. I also back up all my files to dropbox by default, so worse comes to worse I at least still have my files and can run them from another computer.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Yes, Yes good old' drop box This has ben a life saver for me Even though we backup our files and eCabinets backups on a thumb drive These to have ben known to crash also. Saves a lot of $$$ If your hard and thumb drive goes at the same time.