Define hardware

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Audrey Racine
eCabinets Beta Tester

Define hardware

Post by Audrey Racine »

Hi,

I have a question. I created many hardware, i added new categorie and a lot of thing, i use it to make quote. I would like to transfer this to an other computer. So i click on princing, than export, i selected to expert everything. I toke the excel file that was created, i transfered it to the other computer. I opened eCabinet, i went into define hardware, i cliked on pricing, i clicked on import, select my file. Than it says i need to click on ok or apply. So i click on ok, the window closed, i click on apply, but nothing happend... I am not able to transfer all the hardware i created. Does some one knows how to do it?

Thank you!
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: Define hardware

Post by Rick Deskins »

You could copy this file over the other computer. It contains all the hardware information.

C:\ProgramData\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems\localstore\LocalStore.mdb

or for window xp

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems\LocalStore\LocalStore.mdb
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Audrey Racine
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Audrey Racine »

Hi Rick,

Thanks a lot it did work! The only thing is that all the pictures I associated to my hardware didn't follow... Do you know how I could work for that?

Thank you!
Audrey Racine
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Audrey Racine »

I have an other question regarding this. I have created a lot a slide in a new categorie. When I go into the door / drawer editor nothing appear. The only place I get add an hardware is in the main view in the right panel window, cabinet buy list. Is there any possibility to have acces to it in the door / drawer editor?

Thank you!
Attachments
Hardware.jpg
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

The feature that you were trying to use for the hardware list is intended for updating things like unit cost or other data. The spreadsheet is exported with a code that is shown on top of the spreadsheet. That code must match the code on the computer that it is being imported on. The new or second computer did not create that file, thus it could not be imported.

Instead, use the File>Backup and File>Restore feature. You first need to setup the File>Backup and Restore Settings on each computer. The first computer would identify where the backup is being stored, such as USB drive. The second computer would identify the source, which would be that same USB drive. Then it's just a matter of Backup from the first computer, then Restore on the second. That would have taken your hardware database and any other data files you had created unless you filter them out.

With regards to your drawer slides. There is a category for slides, so that is where you would need to place them. As you've found, if you put them in a category of your choosing, then you have to add those manually. If you add them to the Slide category, then the software automatically adds them to the buy list in the required quantities. So in this case, whenever possibly, use the categories that are available.

Dennis
Audrey Racine
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Audrey Racine »

Hi Dennis,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I tried the backup thing but when I transferred it to the other computer I get this: see picture attached. I try many time but always get the same thing. Does someone know how to solve this problem?

Thank you!

Audrey
Attachments
problème 2.jpg
problème 1.jpg
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

I sent you a PM

Dennis