Tabs

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Terry Hall

Tabs

Post by Terry Hall »

It's been about 1 1/2 years, is there any chance we can fix this? It used to work before one of the updates. You've fixed quite a few other things, how about this one? It's been too long!
Terry Hall

Re: Tabs

Post by Terry Hall »

Sorry, the shopbot link.
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Post by Donald Thomson »

I agree with you Terry.

It seems that the Link has been shoved to the back burner. I have an uneasy feeling the TWD may be getting ready to abandon it. Not sure what I would do then. I don't have the money to invest in these $20K plus programs (plus post processor, plus annual maintenance, plus ongoing support, etc., etc., etc.), or invest into a TWD CNC even though I would be thrilled to do so, if I had the money. The YouBuild program looks REALLY cool but I would need a TWD CNC to take advantage of it. :(

It would break me. I have been investigating Mozaik, just in case. But I have so much time and energy invested into eCabinets and SBLink, I don't want to change to something else. I really like the programs.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

I like the programs too. I've been using Ecabinets for several years and watched it get better and less buggy. I'd much rather see Thermwood charge every user a fee, so they can either hire a programmer, or programmers to fix things within a reasonable period of time. Not years like it is now, very frustrating. If they could see how we have to try to hold down small drawer parts etc with either our hands, or a stick maybe that would help motivate them. Maybe the next time I cut small drawer parts I'll film it and put it on utube, then every ambulance chaser in the country would be sending their business cards, it does get a little hairy sometimes. My blackbox vacuum table works pretty well, except for a couple of spots and the tabs make all the difference in the world ensuring safety and product savings.

So how about Thermwood, can we get this fixed while I still have most of my phalanges?
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Gentlemen,

We do plan on an update to the link. Sorry, but the timing at this point is undetermined.

Terry, have you tried using double pass and leaving skin option for your small parts?
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

No, I can't say that I have Scott. It seems that we're always pressed for time, two men, doing 15 kitchens a year, we do whatever it takes to save time and get the job done.

I'd think that after a year and a half or better, especially considering that it worked at one time before an update, it should get fixed and should be somewhat of a priority. My motto in my own business is, "if you're going to sell it, service it, or don't sell it". Thanks
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

BUMP!
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Bump
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Yep Scott, sounds like a govt beauraucrat thing, we plan on it, we'll get it done sometime, but we don't know when? I have a to do list and every day when I walk in my shop, I review it, maybe that would work for you folks as well.

It seems to me that machinists, and we who have paid for the privilege of using the program, or the link, should receive some sort of priority and get some things fixed (that'll likely piss some people off, I hope so) in a reasonable amount of time. Instead you seem cater to the folks that use the program and pay nothing. I'm not sure what I'm missing here, but this seems like a really unsustainable business plan.

When Microsoft starts giving away it's software I'll apologize.
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Terry,
Sorry for your frustration. We plan to have an update to the link as soon as we can. Again, as I mentioned earlier, at this point the timing is undetermined. Since this is the case, we suggest in the meantime that you use the double pass/leave skin option for these small/narrow parts. I know this is not your preferred method, but it is a viable option and is used by many (and who knows, you might even find out you like it better). If you need help getting this option setup, please call in and we would be glad to help you through it.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Thank you for the suggestion Scott, I appreciate it and will look into it. My question would be, is it quite a bit slower than using tabs, the tabs worked really well when they were working properly? I have a job to cut using 5 4x8 sheets of 5/8" Baltic Birch. There are 35 drawers in this kitchen and a few rollout shelves, so time will be a consideration for us. My hopes would be that a fix is just around the corner.
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Terry,

I think it would serve us both best (time wise, etc.) if we spoke about this on the phone and get all things answered in one session rather than back and forth here on the forum. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience and we will try to answer all your questions. (1-800-533-6901 ask for Scott)
Regards,

Scott Vaal