Combining cabinets

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ron Sloan
Company Name: Wine Country Custom Carving

Combining cabinets

Post by Ron Sloan »

A couple of quick questions:
The libraries from e-cab’s all have modular units – one full cabinet for each unit – meaning if I have a 30” cab with 2 doors and 2 drawers next to a 30” cab with all drawers, instead of using a 60” long bottom and a shared partition, I am supposed to make two complete independent units? If so it is a little wasteful

Also, my renderings all seem to look like the sheet stock is actually made up of board stock - i.e. they appear to be slats joined at an odd angle. It seems to do this no matter what material I assign. Is there a simple setting I'm missing? I've attached an image showing what I mean.

Thanks,
Ron
Attachments
eCabinet_Rendering.jpg
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Re: Combining cabinets

Post by jason galbraith »

You can make it however you want. However, two units is easier to assemble, easier to transport and deliver, easier to price.
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Ron Sloan wrote: Also, my renderings all seem to look like the sheet stock is actually made up of board stock - i.e. they appear to be slats joined at an odd angle. It seems to do this no matter what material I assign. Is there a simple setting I'm missing? I've attached an image showing what I mean.

Thanks,
Ron
Ron,

Does the same look happen if you load one of the cabinets from the Standard Cabinets directory?
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Ron Sloan

Post by Ron Sloan »

Thanks for the replies.

Scott - yes, cabinets loaded directly from the standard library also exhibit this look.
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Ron Sloan wrote:Thanks for the replies.

Scott - yes, cabinets loaded directly from the standard library also exhibit this look.
Ron,

Would you please save a cabinet with one or more of your own materials/texture images and post it here. I will load it on my system and see if I get the same result. Thanks.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
Ron Sloan

Post by Ron Sloan »

Scott,

The same phenomenon appears in virtually all the editor. Attached is a Std Base Frameless Cabinet, with default generic 3/4" sheet, and I changed the top material image. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ron
Attachments
StdBase.zip
(68.68 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Ron,

We cannot reproduce this issue here. What graphics card do you have in your PC? Please ensure you have the newest available driver installed for it.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
Ron Sloan

Post by Ron Sloan »

Scott,

I have a Radeon X800 series card, with the latest available drivers for Windows 7 Ultimate. If I'm correct, it seems to have started after I installed the materials library. I just tried changing the material color for Generic 3/4" material to sr-wood f-c White Birch. While it looks better, you can still see the same thing happening. Looking closely at the endgrain on the side panel, the garin appears to be slanted at ~45 degree angle. With this material, at least the grooves don't show up. Don't know if any of this info helps, but thought it couldn't hurt!

Edit: digging a little deeper, it seems the grooves show on almost any material, except those in the Formica, Stone, Marble and SR-Wood categories. Those materials look fine, except for the angled end grain as shown, which is not a big deal.

Thanks for looking into this for me!

Ron
Attachments
eCab_EndGrain.jpg