Problem with Presentation Mode

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

George L Vought

Problem with Presentation Mode

Post by George L Vought »

This is what I keep getting when I try to render something. Obviously needs a fix. A couple of times it worked today but when I tried adjusting my lighting. It started striping everything piece by piece out of the room.
There is also a problem (might be me) with reflections. I'm getting reflections of a cabinet on a wall where it would be near impossible to have a reflection. No cabinet on the opposing walls. :wall:
George
Attachments
Presentation Mode.jpg
The only DUMB question is the one you don't ask!
George L Vought

Re: Problem with Presentation Mode

Well today it's still at it. Here is another shot. Notice half of the cabinets are gone (all of the base cabinets) Some of the display objects are gone and parts of other display objects are missing, bi-fold doors.
I'm trying to experiment with lighting and it's really frustrating when the under the counter lights have nothing to shine on.
Attachments
Cabinets missing.png
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

George,

Can you please let us know your PC specs including what graphics card you are using. Are you on a laptop or desktop? If you have told us this before, please forgive me.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Georg could you post the job? I am curious if I get the same results on my system. So far I have no problems with presentations.
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

There is a button just below the Presentation View button that you might check out. Dennis
George L Vought

Scott
I tried to attach that file but I think it must be too big. Even zipped it's 15MB I did attach my specs. I have a 1 TB hard drive with a ton of space available.

Today it's giving me a new headache. The file "out in space" is one. I tried changing the color of the appliances. When I tried to add a dishwasher it sent my stove way out in left field. It did it last night too only with the fridge. I finally got it, but I had to shut the program down 3 times.
Presentation mode is still giving me a headache too. Take a look at the pic of lighting. All of those chandeliers are set to 0, the counter lights are set to 10. I also dialed back the lighting on the bottom to 0. I have walls blocking any incoming lights similar to the one you see behind the windows. Where is all that light coming from??? Set to 0 the room should be dark except for the counter lights shouldn't it? :wall: Also no matter where I place a light I can't get any light on that dishwasher. I also have the "lighting effects" boxed unchecked. Shadows should be minimal at best.

Dennis
I tried changing that but it didn't change anything.
George
Attachments
Lights.jpg
out in space.jpg
out in space.jpg (7.77 KiB) Viewed 7741 times
Specs.jpg
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team

Post by Scott G Vaal »

George,

Try sending your job to cabinets@thermwood.com Attn: Scott V in the subject line.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
George L Vought

It's on it's way
George
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team

Post by Scott G Vaal »

George,

Thanks, I got your job and tinkered around with it a little while. I cannot get the blank screen to happen here. I did notice that some of the cabinets that you said did not show at one point were associated to the wall that was hidden in your attached picture, so I believe that is why those seemed to disappear. I was able to set some intensity to the light closest to the dishwasher and it gained light. everything seems to work as it should in the Pres view for me. The Apply Lighting Effects check box only pertains to the Render view and does not change any behavior in the Pres View. The To be able to help with the blank screen that happens to you, we would probably need to connect to your PC and check it out first hand. If you would like to pursue that, just get with me and we can set up a time.
PresView GLV1.jpg
Regards,

Scott Vaal
George L Vought

Scott

Thanks for taking a look. The cabinets that disappeared were there in a presentation I had made just a few seconds before. I was only adjusting lights.
It's been also been freezing when I try to do a save JPG too. I can take a screen shot, take it to paint then save it, but I shouldn't have to.
This morning I had some stuff on a wall. Tell me if I'm doing this right... I have some cubes I've made of some border. I have that and all the molding associated with the wall it's on. (wall 9 only) When I hide that wall and all of it's associations, I still have the molding and border cube showing up, no wall, just that stuff. I've shut it down and rebooted, same thing.

On a better note:
I took that dark wall out. I replaced it with cubes that I had made with pictures of what is actually seen outside those windows. Makes a nice presentation. Got to admit there is still a lot to learn with this software, but I'm getting there. It's easier to just build the damn kitchen :lol:
George