Part editor question

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Francis Samson
Company Name: AVBN

Part editor question

Post by Francis Samson »

Ok, i'm stuck with a weird problem. I'ved design a countertop that fit a "L" module with a 45dg angle but when i bring it to the part editor, the countertop loads on the 45dg angle and there for makes it almost impossible to cut out an openening for a glass insert at specific dimension for the under cabinet.

Is there a way that we can rotate parts in the editor to a different axis ?!?

I think we are missing out some options here when doing openings from specific parts, like, being able to load up 2 pieces together in order to get the reference point to trace or being able to snap parts to specific points or so.

Anyway, if any of you have an idea on how to do this, i would appreciate ;)

Customer wants a 3D render but with out this .....i'm screwed lol

Thanks
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Part editor question

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Francis, try taking it into contour mode, right click and select create edges. If you know the distances from certain points you can use the lines to offset other lines into the specific places you need geometry.

Forrest
Francis Samson
Company Name: AVBN

Re: Part editor question

Post by Francis Samson »

Tks Forest for the clue, i did found a way but so laborious to do :( This part of the software needs to be tweak for an easier and more efficient way to work.

I had to make redo the counter top from scratch by adding a 90dg cab (temp) then build the counter top, export to editor (on the flat part this time because there was no 45dg) then trace the cut-out, trace a 45dg a the desire corner, and then cut threw those 2 parts away from the top the go back main floor and remove useless cab !!! So, it can be done but so much more steps.

There's a few things missing actually in the program but , hopefully it will be added in the future ;)

Tks