Drawer Front - Help

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Travis Black
Company Name: Serenity Construction Inc.

Drawer Front - Help

Post by Travis Black »

I have a small cabinet that has two fixed shelves. Between those two fixed shelves, I have a dovetail drawer box installed. I then want to add a drawer front(slab) onto that drawer box. I would like the drawer front slab to cover both of the fix shelf edges. I have tried adjusting the drawer height to cover both shelves, then switching the "Adjust Top" to "Adjust Bottom". but I can't seem to get it to cover both shelves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Patrick Cogan
Company Name: Zanetti Millwork

Re: Drawer Front - Help

Post by Patrick Cogan »

Travis,

I'm assuming when you add the drawer face, you have a Drawer Inset, because otherwise it should cover the fixed shelves automatically. Have you tried adjusting the Top Reveal and Bottom Reveal? If you set the reveals to the negative amount of the shelf thickness, the drawer face should cover the fixed shelves. In other words, if your fixed shelf thickness is .75", set your top and bottom reveals to -.75

If that isn't what you're looking for, attach the cabinet and I'll take a look. Or someone more knowledgeable will come along and have the right idea.
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

If this is a frameless cabinet, try changing your top and bottom reveals to zero.

Get rid of any other insets that you may have applied to the top and bottom of the drawer front. The other inset values apply to the drawer box.

Dennis
Travis Black
Company Name: Serenity Construction Inc.

Post by Travis Black »

Patrick, you suggestion of changing the Top & Bottom Reveal worked. Thanks for the info.
Patrick Cogan wrote: I'm assuming when you add the drawer face, you have a Drawer Inset, because otherwise it should cover the fixed shelves automatically. Have you tried adjusting the Top Reveal and Bottom Reveal? If you set the reveals to the negative amount of the shelf thickness, the drawer face should cover the fixed shelves. In other words, if your fixed shelf thickness is .75", set your top and bottom reveals to -.75