countertop error

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

nick staub
Company Name: mcmanus dev

countertop error

Post by nick staub »

I have one room layout where a countertop appeared from no where and I cannot delete it from counter top editor or in main layout area.also everytime I place a new cab it says "cannot find countertop body" and I have to click through 4 diferent windows b4 I can proceed.on a separate layout I place countertop and it puts it an inch and a hlf above my base cabs.is there a bug in countertop section of my ecab program or is it something im doing/not doing.havnt had this prob with any of the other cabs/layouts ive done.this just started.....
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: countertop error

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Nick,

Attach the job here or send it to cabinets@thermwood.com and we will take a look into it. You will need to zip it before attaching.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: countertop error

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Nick,

Thanks for getting me the files. Not sure how you got it to happen, but I have a way you can get rid of this rouge countertop and the error message it gives you. Do the following:
1.) Load eCabinets (a fresh start).
2.) Load the job that gives the error.
3.) In Custom Layout, Right-Click and choose Select-> Select All (this will select everything in the room except walls and wall items).
4.) Now, click on each item in the room to deselect them, making sure you don't forget any items like I did the first time (now, the only thing that will be selected is this non-visible rouge c-top segment).
5.) Next, press the delete key and answer OK to the Are you sure message.
6.) Save the job as a new name (just in case you accidentally deleted something else by mistake).
7.) Close eCabinets, relaunch, and reload the job. Should now be error free.
If you can come up with steps to reproduce this, please let us know. This is the first time we have seen this happen.

Now, the Countertop adding in too high seems to be a bug with your cabinets having a negative bottom inset on the left & right ends of the cabinets. I will get that listed and fixed in a future release. For now, you will have to manually move it down in the room by half of your negative bottom inset amount to get it where it belongs. Hope this makes sense and sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000