render mode

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

nick staub
Company Name: mcmanus dev

render mode

Post by nick staub »

after rendering custom layout I try to print and ecab program closes automatically????but It allows me to print layout unrendered.
Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Re: render mode

Post by Brad McIntosh »

Nick,

I'll take a stab (or Staub :wink: ) at it... Have you checked with your video card manufacturer's website to make sure you have the latest video drivers for your card/system? (Don't rely on Windows Update) Since printing from the rendering mode may depend on interaction directly with the video card or it drivers, this may be the culprit.

Hope this helps...
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Go into the computer settings (right click on empty space on the desktop) and choose properties, settings, advanced, troubleshooting and then lower the hardware acceleration and choose apply. Keep lowering until it works. I have to put mine almost all the way to no acceleration for my renders to work. My video card is as updated as it can get. As a matter of fact I rolled it back one because the more updated version has quirks in it that I don't like and it doesn't fix my eCab problems.
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

I find the best way is to RENDER then COPY then PASTE to IRFANVIEW and then crop and review image and colors and save. Just another way to do it without changing everything. I do my line drawings like that too!!