hole pattern for pilot holes for Confirmat screws?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Michael Kowalczyk
eCabinets Beta Tester

hole pattern for pilot holes for Confirmat screws?

Post by Michael Kowalczyk »

Just checking to see if any one has a hole pattern to use for construction settings. Did a search for it but nothing definitive. Spoke with Dennis earlier but I can not seam to get the hole to center itself with the fixed shelf, deck or top and want to also put one in the center of the stretchers. So this is a Lock Dado construction with a pilot hole (.1969") using 5/8" thick MDF core melamine for 4 sets of bookcases for our Congregation. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Michael Kowalczyk, GM

HP-Elite Quad Core Q6700-4 MB ram, Nvidia GeForce 512 MB Dual HP 22" flat panels, Windows 7 ultimate 64bit SP1
Michael Kowalczyk
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: hole pattern for pilot holes for Confirmat screws?

Here is the job file with the shelves if that helps
Attachments
CBM_forum_4bookshelves.esj
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 347 times
Michael Kowalczyk, GM

HP-Elite Quad Core Q6700-4 MB ram, Nvidia GeForce 512 MB Dual HP 22" flat panels, Windows 7 ultimate 64bit SP1
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Post by Daniel Odom »

To get it to the center of 5/8 material you need to create a hole in the pattern editor that is x=-5/16 y=0, whatever diameter you want/whatever negative depth you want. You'll then have to apply that new pattern to the part before it will change to the updated version. To get 3 holes on the edge of the board, with one being in the middle you have to edit the construction settings of that part and set the maximum distance between fittings to a lower number until you get 3 holes. Stretchers have to be handled in their own editor.

You can also set a value for max size that is considered a single hole, increase that number if you only want one hole in the middle. 3 fasteners on the edge of these parts is prob. overkill in this case so I'd either change it to one in the middle or two on the edges the way you already have it.
Michael Kowalczyk
eCabinets Beta Tester

Thanks Daniel but it is still on the edge on the Top panel and not in the center of the shelf and deck.
Michael Kowalczyk, GM

Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Mike,

First, go to your pattern for 5/8". The location of the hole is not X-5/16" nor is it at Y0. Either move the hole or easier, redraw it.

Second. I believe that you are applying the pattern to the wrong parts. Using your pattern that I modified, I went to KD/RTA's on the Item Window (side bar), then I selected the icon that looks like a flow chart named "Change Applied Hardware per Part". In there, select the deck, the fixed shelf and the Left and Right Ends. Then under Hole Pattern, select your pattern and Apply. Click OK to return.

Worked. At this point, I just think you weren't applying the hole pattern to the correct parts.

The modified cabinet is attached. I can send the hole pattern via email if you want, just send me an email for it.

Dennis
Attachments
CBMcab4_4forum.hsf
(688.02 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
Michael Kowalczyk
eCabinets Beta Tester

Thank you Dennis. I am able to get the holes to be were they are suppose to be. That hole editor is in need of an overhaul. Don't know if CAD like functions could be incorporated into it but there's got to be a better way to select, edit, save a pattern.
Thanks again,
Michael Kowalczyk, GM