Utilizing Some Offalls

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Terry Hall

Utilizing Some Offalls

Post by Terry Hall »

Once in a while we end up with an offall that's the right width, or right height, or the right width and height and we just want to dado and perhaps cut a toekick, or drill shelf pin holes. Anybody know of an easy way to shut off the outline trim without going to the parts editor.
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Utilizing Some Offalls

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Terry Hall wrote:Once in a while we end up with an offall that's the right width, or right height, or the right width and height and we just want to dado and perhaps cut a toekick, or drill shelf pin holes. Anybody know of an easy way to shut off the outline trim without going to the parts editor.
Terry,

You can try checking on the Control Nesting option No Outline Cuts in settings and then load your part and ensure you check on the Load Screen option Scrap Part Recovery and see if it will do what you are wanting. The Scrap Part Recovery option must be re-selected every time you visit the load screen. Don't forget to turn off the No Outline Cuts option when you are done! Hope this helps.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Thanks for the reply Scott. I followed your directions and did an air cut. I didn't want to sacrifice the actual piece since it's an expensive veneer core, so I cut it on the tablesaw. The aircut indicated that it would cut the dadoes, but not the notch for the toekick, so it would partially work. Thanks
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Terry Hall wrote:Thanks for the reply Scott. I followed your directions and did an air cut. I didn't want to sacrifice the actual piece since it's an expensive veneer core, so I cut it on the tablesaw. The aircut indicated that it would cut the dadoes, but not the notch for the toekick, so it would partially work. Thanks
No problem. Yes, that would be the case because the toe notch is part of the outline. Have a nice weekend.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

You could also draw the part in another cad program and make the toe Notch a pocket cut then save it as a dxf file then load it and follow Scott's steps.
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Thanks Scott M, I may give that a try as well.