drawer Slide Pattern

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris B Campbell

drawer Slide Pattern

Post by Chris B Campbell »

Hey Guys,
I building some file cabinets Euro style stuff. So I had this idea for the drawer slides, there is only a 3/4" partition between the drawer boxes and then you have the right and left sides. I drilled the 5mm holes through the partition using the KV pattern in my hardware hole editor, this allows me to use sex bolts to bolt the drawer slides to the left & right of the partition, works great no wood screw but... What about the left & right ends? I don't want them drilled through, I cannot seem to simply delete the holes made from the drawer slide defaults on these ends I just want to make a mark with the drill bit for locating.
I don't see anyway to have the same hole pattern for the left & right drawer slides just one side at a different depth.
Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: drawer Slide Pattern

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Chris,
You can make the hole pattern slightly more than half the thickness of the partition - if they line up properly, then you will get holes in the left and right ends at the proper depth, and the partition holes will be "combined" during machining without the need to flip the part over.
Hope this helps,
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Chris B Campbell

Post by Chris B Campbell »

No that would be a 5mm hole 3/8's into the material! Don't think a screw would hold that to well.. What I did was take the parts into part editor copied the hole pattern and reproduced there.

Thanks,,
Chris
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Well you have to determine which euro screw you're using and let that determine the exact depth of the hole.
The point is that you should never have to go into the part editor to get a hardware hole pattern on a partition or a cabinet side.

If the pattern is applied to both sides of a partition and the holes line up exactly, then any operations MORE THAN half the thickness of the partition would be combined into a single operation at the CNC, and those operations would be drilled from the side with the tenon surfacing machining on it.
Hope that clears it up
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570