Odd Occurence(s)

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Terry Hall

Odd Occurence(s)

Post by Terry Hall »

I've been cutting sheet goods 96.5" x 49.5" and 96" x 48" respectively. I've always been able to nest the 96.5" material to 96" lengths and the 96" lengths to 95.5", never been a problem. Now however, in order to cut the 96" I have to change the size of that sheet good to 97", similarly on the 95.5 inch cut I have to change it to 96.5". Inotherwords, I need 1" longer material, whereas I used to only need 1/2". I haven't tried it at the controller yet, but I will. Anybody else having a similar problem?
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Odd Occurence(s)

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Terry, in the control software I have to add .125 to a 96" sheet to get a 95.5" part. It has to do with your other settings as well. Like it automatically adds a 1/4" by default to trim the outside edge. It also adds whatever part clearance you have set (in my case .05"). If you want a 96" part you would need 96.5" material but make it 96.625".

Hope that helps, Forrest
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Thanks Forrest, like I said, I haven't tried it at the controller yet, this is a new occurrence at my design computer(s) though. I've always been able to design my cabinets with 96" sides and backs, then nest 96.5" material to be cut at 96", and nest my 96" to cut 95.5". Once designed, no problem at the controller, it's always cut fine, so I don't believe it's the controller. This just popped up all of a sudden, I've made no changes to any settings on any of my computers. I've tried changing sizes by .125" incremental increases and the sheets will not nest until I get up to 1" increased lengths. I've also gone back and nested other jobs that nested fine in the past and now they won't nest either unless I add that 1" to the material(s).

Doesn't make any sense to me since I've changed nothing.
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Terry,

Ensure that your True shape Nesting Cutter Diameter (used for True Shape nest type) and Saw Blade Kerf (used for Cut Line nest type) and your Collar setting is what you expect it to be. You will typically want to set both the true shape cutter and the saw blade kerf to what you have set for the outline tool diameter in Control Nesting (to ensure results are similar). Also, in eCabSys with a collar of zero, it will leave approximately the radius of the tool around the sheet. You can set the collar to negative the true shape nesting cutter's radius to approximate the nest to edge of sheet setting at the machine.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Thanks Scott, I'll look at those things. I'm still curious though as to why this occurred without me making any changes to the software.