Cabinet Editor Directory

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Steve Detina
Company Name: Silhouette Custom Cabinets

Cabinet Editor Directory

Post by Steve Detina »

Hello Guys,

I have just took ownership of a new desktop. The old one was slowing down so she is being used as a file server right now. I have gone ahead and installed ecab on the new system, changed all of the default directories to look at a central location so that weather I am working on the desktop or my laptop or is someone else is working on one of the other computers all of the .esj files and all of the cabinets are in one location. Once I had everything working I noticed that the order of the cabinets in the cabinet editors directory was not in anytype of order. This makes it difficult to locate cabinets for a particular job.

For example:

When I am working on a project I will pull cabinets from my library and modify them. Once I am happy with the results I will save them in their own directory in the following format 14-09-15 mr smiths project. This way weather i am batching the job or doing a layout I always have the cabinets individually saved. Over time I will remove the older directories as the list gets big and place them in a completed directory. When I open the cabinet editor and see the list of cabinet directories on the right they used to be in order by name. Now they are not in any type of order that I can see and it makes finding directories and cabinets a little more difficult. Is there something that I can do to put some type of order to this.

thanks in advance.

steve